5.25.2009

I can see!

Y'all have no idea how much I've missed you. This computer hiatus has been torture. But I'm so glad to be back! And I'm writing this post without any help from contacts or glasses, which is AMAZING.

Thank you so much for all your sweet comments and emails. My Lasik procedure went perfectly and it was honestly such an easy (and totally painless!) process. I'm so glad I did it.



Glasses + zero makeup = not a pretty combination. I called Curt right before I walked in for surgery because the nerves really started to hit. I didn't realize it was going to be such a cakewalk! The procedure itself only takes about 8 minutes and the results are almost instantaneous. I sat up from the operating chair and I could see my mom waving at me through the window! So cool.

Me, my mom, and Heather last night at her "bachelorette party," which consisted of wine and dessert at Beatrice and Woodsley, that place downtown that I also posted about here. It was just how Heather wanted it... nice, low-key girl time.


As far as Heather's wedding is concerned, everything is coming along just fine. It's definitely been chaotic around here, mostly due to the logistics of getting 60 people up to a remote location in the mountains. But I'm sure everything will turn out beautifully. I can't wait to post some pictures so y'all can see what we've been working on! Meanwhile, you can check out their wedding website here.

Also, it just so happens that this is my 100th post! I know it's not a very exciting one so I promise I'll make up for it soon :)

For now, I should probably stop staring at this bright screen. I will leave you with this:


david + grace's same day edit // cape may NJ from StillMotion on Vimeo.


Just beautiful. And I'm pretty sure that while she's getting ready, the bride is wearing the same shirt I'm wearing in the picture above. haha :)

Thanks almost-husband!


8 comments:

Kathryn G said...

yay!!!!!!!! jessica you are too cute.

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

GIRL. YOU ARE DEAD WRONG! I've never seen such a cute and fresh face like that one you posted. VERY PRETTY COMBO!! You are cute...and even cuter au natural ! :) Glad to hear your lasik went well! :)
RelentlessBride

A.P. said...

i too have had contacts/glasses since i was a kid and can't see anything without them! i want lasik really badly!! i think after the wedding and next year i will be able to do it with our insurance. i'm super glad to hear your's went so well and FAST!! awesome!

YEAH! said...

congratulations Jessica! my wife had lasix(?) surgery like 5 years ago and she had to be blindfolded for like 12 hours! She was such a trooper though, I brought her home (of course I had to DJ that night) so she had me put on Purple Rain (movie not record) and she said she would reenact the scenes in her head while listening because she had seen it so many times! She is so rad! It must be the best feeling in the world!

corrie mae said...

Congratulations!!! That Polaroid is super cute of all you ladies, and i hope the rest of the wedding prep goes smoothly! See you soon :]

Erin Lepperd said...

Hi Jessica,

I hope your sister's wedding was beautiful. I picked up my dress and it is perfect! It doesn't even need to be altered...crazy. Lastly, I think you have a fab blog and because of such, I am Splashing you. Check out my blog for the details.

Ciao

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Well, you are a braver girl than me. I am too chicken to have this done, but then again, I don't want to be blind as a bat for the rest of my life. And how cool would it be to wake up in the middle of the night and actually be able to read the alarm clock? Tell me - how cool is it?

Glad you had a successful procedure. You give me a glimmer of hope to try it...one day.

The Thirty-Something Bride said...

Just found your blog through Wedding on Half a Dime! I'm getting married on 10.11 too! We're bride twins! So glad I found your blog.
Louise