11.30.2008

Long Weekend Recap

Wednesday: Drove up to Orange County. There was no traffic. Weird.

Thursday: Gave Curt a haircut (I'm no professional, but I'm getting pretty good!) Cooked a tasty Thanksgiving meal, including these yummy garlic mashed potatoes with carrots and dill.

Friday: Hit up Ikea's Black Friday sale and scored this bad boy for a sexy $99:
(Malm Queen bed frame, retails for $199.)

I must confess, I had never done any Black Friday shopping before. I'm more of a morning person than Curt is, so I really didn't mind it. And saving $100 on the bed was totally worth it!

Later, we met up with some old friends and took a short trip up the freeway to check out this place.

Saturday: Stopped by The Diamond Connection in Old Town San Diego to pick up our wedding bands. Aren't they pretty?


(photo courtesy of my hubby-to-be)

And here's a picture of my engagement ring, btw...




On the drive back to Orange County on Saturday night, we both "practiced" wearing our bands (shhh! don't tell!). My band looks so gorgeous with my engagement ring that I didn't want to take it off and put it back in the box...

Today: Slept in. (Mmmmm.....) Worked on my research paper, then watched Citizen Kane (because, you know, it's one of those movies that everyone has to see at least once).


Tell me about your holiday weekend!!

2 comments:

LauraAnn said...

I love your engagement ring and your wedding band! I am sure they look gorgeous together!

said...

You're not alone...I "practiced" wearing my wedding band too!!